Our Knowledge & Skills Run Deep
Our deep bench of subject matter experts and engineering talent thrives in applying innovative technologies to problem solving, we bring an entrepreneurial agile software development culture and methodologies to designing your next generation mission critical systems and we walk the talk for delivering effective product-line lifecycle management solutions for your legacy, modernization and evolutionary programs.
Military Combat Simulation
We have designed and supported numerous live, virtual and constructive simulation solutions for the U.S. Army and Marine Corps. The systems provide collective, individual and crew training at bases and training centers in the U.S. and overseas. Often, our subject matter experts support the training on-site.
With agile processes and cybersecurity as the foundation, we can take on any substantial software development program with non-proprietary approaches. In addition, we have embedded software capability with onboard avionics and line replaceable unit (LRU) applications.
As a prime and critical subcontractor, Phoenix Defense teams deliver technical and operational expertise for live training and simulation at military bases in the Continental U.S., Germany, Korea, Japan, Kuwait, UAE and many others. We provide ongoing support as well as ramp up for major training exercises. Overall, we help manage and sustain more than 300,000-plus fielded training aids, devices and simulators. Here are just a few examples.
- Teams in Germany support the annual Saber Junction exercise where U.S. Army airborne units train alongside multinational partners to enhance readiness for unified land operations.
- Teams in Germany, Arizona and Iowa maintain and operate multiple aviation simulators, along with supporting training of pilots for multiple allied nations.
- Our Digital Range Training System team sustains and operates the most complex digital training ranges at Fort Carson, Colorado, and abroad.
With our computing and project expertise, we design, integrate and manage IT programs for government and other clients. We have provided software and hardware services for multiple Department of Defense programs.
Our capabilities are deep and diverse.
- System architectural analysis and component selection (including boundary layer security components and Authority To Operate – ATO preparation)
- Network design analysis (including network security)
- Procurement of IT equipment and software
- Delivery, installation and ongoing site management
- Configuration management of databases and training sites
- Mission Training Center interior structures design and outfitting
End-to-end logistics management
For government customers, we handle logistics from specification and procurement through storage and delivery. This includes vendor selection and management, multiple inventory management options and real-time tracking of components.
Medical outfitting of health care facilities
We provide start-to-finish outfitting and transition services to government and industry customers, drawing on years of experience with complex supply chains and management information systems. Our teams work closely with customers throughout the project, and support continues after facilities are up and running. Services include procuring and installing medical equipment and facility furniture, training on the equipment, ongoing management of medical consumables and dedicated support for clinician and healthcare management.
Whether designing and installing medical simulation systems or assisting in their setup or training, Phoenix Defense handles the full range of systems intended to improve patient outcomes through better training.
- Our instructors provide highly realistic and comprehensive Tactical Casualty Combat Care (TCCC) and have trained thousands of the U.S. Army’s combat medics at 23 Medical Simulation Training Centers (MSTC) since 2018.
- Our interconnection of medical simulation devices allows instructor operators greater efficiency and trainee throughput.
- We have handled procurement, kitting and delivery of simulation equipment to the Department of Defense and affiliated agencies at multiple medical training facilities in the U.S. and abroad.
Phoenix Defense has successfully deployed live fire ranges for the U.S. Army and Marine Corps. Exemplifying our ability to leverage engineering and manufacturing, our Aerospace Manufacturing division recently began producing targets for the Army.
- TRACR, Targetry Range Automated Control and Recording. Currently supports over 350 live fire ranges worldwide providing a web-based, intuitive common exercise controller.
- FASIT, Future Army System of Integrated Targets. Assisted Army in developing a common communications protocol for live-fire targets and range devices.
- DRTS, Digital Range Training Systems. For over 20 years, supported DRTS ranges, which train and assess Apache Attack Helicopters and Abrams, Bradley and Stryker platforms’ crews in gunnery.
Our company, technical staff and other team members have built their capabilities and knowledge bases through innovation, research and hands-on experience.
We couldn’t have made the journey to becoming an innovative and agile company without others helping us along the way. In that spirit, we believe in sharing what we’ve learned through case studies and white papers.