04.18.11 / News
PLI Purchases Laser Wire Marking and Stripping Machine
Phoenix Logistics, Inc. is progressing towards single piece flow with the purchase of a CMS laser marking machine. The new machine will provide PLI with the ability to mark, measure, strip, and cut wire for complex aerospace wire harness production in a fully automated and computer controlled process. The system is fully compliant with SAE Aerospace standards.
PLI’s new wire laser marking machine will provide the following benefits to our customers:
- Repeatability – ID location and workmanship
- Removal of markers reducing wire diameter, easing harness installation, and providing weight savings to the platform
- Ability to provide more information directly on the wire
- Increased flexibility especially on short cables
- Markings that are not affected by grease, hydraulic fluid etc.
- Strip with zero defects/damage to the wire core
- Permanent, high contrast surface marks without damage
The first phase of implementation is underway and PLI expects to have the system fully functional and operational by June of this year. Please contact our Sales or Engineering teams for more information on how our laser wire marking system can benefit your platform.